Octane Q35 Elliptical
The Octane Q35 is a more affordable elliptical from the pricy Octane Fitness lineup. This upper-end cross trainer is designed for customers who are already in good shape. It can give both the upper body and lower body an especially rigorous workout.
Octane’s Q35ce is an upgraded version of this model. It features additional programs and a heart rate monitor.
Elliptical Hits: Features of the Octane Q35
- Intense workouts – Octane ellipticals provide above-average workouts as a result of special engineering in the handlebars. With the Q35, users get 20 levels of eddy current resistance for upper and lower body training.
- Great ergonomics – The pedals are spaced just 1.8” apart. Narrow pedal spacing promotes good movement in the knees and hips.
- Long stride – The 20.5” stride is good for taller users.
- High capacity – Octanes are sturdy ellipticals with 300-pound user capacities.
Elliptical Miss: Octane’s Oversight
- Programs – The Q35 has just five programs. The Q35e has 10 programs, including some that use data from a heart rate monitor.
- No pulse monitor – The Q35 lacks a heart rate monitor, a feature that is standard on many models that cost much less. The Q35e, which costs a bit more, includes a monitor.
- Console – Although other Octane ellipticals have attractive consoles, the cheaper Q35 has a very basic display.
Overall Rating for the Q35 Octane Elliptical
Octanes are overall very good ellipticals, but the Q35 doesn’t seem worth its high price tag. It does offer superior upper body workouts, but it has only five programs and lacks a heart rate monitor. Customers can get more features for less money with other brands like Precor, Yowza, and Smooth.