The Q47 is Octane’s premium cross trainer. This elliptical provides above-average training for the arms and a highly adjustable SmartStride feature for the legs.
Elliptical Hits: Features of the Octane Q47 Elliptical
- Intense workouts – Octane ellipticals are designed for people who are already in shape. That is, they provide especially intense exercise for the whole body, even at the lowest level of resistance.
- Adjustable stride – The stride ranges from 18”-26”, and the Q47 elliptical can even calculate a person’s ideal stride.
- High capacity – Octanes are sturdy ellipticals. The Q47 weighs 280 pounds and has a 300-pound user capacity.
Elliptical Misses: Where Octane Went Wrong
- Programs – The Q47 has just 5 programs. While the 16 levels of resistance are challenging, the lack of program options could lead to boredom with workout routines.
- Pulse monitor – For a built-in heart rate monitor, a customer would need to upgrade to the Q47ce.
- Warranty – Octane customers get a lifetime warranty on the frame, three years on parts, and a year of labor. This isn’t bad, but it seems that the machine’s high price tag should be accompanied by a longer parts warranty.
Overall Rating for the Octane Q47 Elliptical
The Q47 and Q47ce are high-quality ellipticals that seem a bit overpriced. While the ArmBlaster resistance programs provide great training, customers might get better value with Precor, Yowza, Sole, and other brands.