NordicTrack FreeStrider 35Si Elliptical
The FreeStrider 35Si Elliptical is one of two elliptical trainers in NordicTrack’s FreeStrider Series. Both are hybrids of stairsteppers and ellipticals. While the machines have very long strides, users can also take smaller strides. The many possibilities let people train more muscles than they could with traditional cross trainers.
This unit has a higher MSRP than the other FreeStrider, the 35S. Whereas the 35S is just wired for iFit technology, the 35Si includes the iFit Live module and is sold with a year-long workout subscription.
Elliptical Hits: Nice Features of the NordicTrack FreeStrider 35Si Elliptical
- Long adjustable stride – The FreeStrider 35Si is designed to let people easily exercise different muscle groups in the lower body. With fixed-stride ellipticals, on the other hand, exercisers’ options are more limited. A nice feature of this machine is that it responds to the user’s stride; there’s no need to adjust the stride manually or with buttons.
- Programs – These cross trainers include 25 preset workouts and 12 levels of resistance.
- Heart rate monitors – Users can choose between hand grip monitors and a wireless chest pulse monitor.
- Upper body workout – These machines have movable arm bars to provide upper-body exercise, but the arm bars can also be left stationary.
Elliptical Misses: Where NordicTrack Went Wrong
- Warranty – Customers get just a one-year warranty on parts and labor. There’s a lifetime warranty on the frame.
Overall Rating for the NordicTrack FreeStrider 35Si Elliptical
The FreeStrider 35Si Elliptical is a revolutionary fitness machine. It builds upon traditional ellipticals by letting people exercise more muscle fibers in the lower body. With a smooth ride and 25 engaging workouts, this machine is a hit!
Note that a significant portion of the purchase price is related to the iFit module and a year-long subscription to iFit Live. If these extras are not important to you, then buying the cheaper NordicTrack FreeStrider 35 S could be a better option.