NordicTrack FreeStrider 35 S Elliptical
The FreeStrider 35 S Elliptical is one of two cross trainers in NordicTrack’s FreeStrider Series. Both are hybrids of stairsteppers and ellipticals. While the machines have very long strides, users can also take smaller steps. The many possibilities let people train more muscles than they can with traditional cross trainers.
This unit has a lower MSRP than the other FreeStrider, the 35 Si. Whereas this model is just wired for iFit technology, the 35Si includes an iFit Live module and is sold with a year-long workout subscription.
Elliptical Hits: Nice Features of the NordicTrack FreeStrider 35 S Elliptical
- Long adjustable stride – This machine is named for its long 35” stride. The stride length cleverly adjusts to the user’s desired stride; there’s no need to adjust the stride manually or with buttons.
- Programs – These cross trainers include 16 preset workouts and 16 levels of resistance. They’re also wired for iFit Live in case the customer wants to upgrade and get additional workouts.
- Audio – Both versions of the NordicTrack FreeStrider have music ports and speaker systems.
- Heart rate monitors – Users can choose between hand grip monitors and a wireless chest pulse monitor.
- Upper body workout – These machines have movable arm bars to provide upper-body exercise, but the arm bars can also be left stationary.
Elliptical Misses: Where NordicTrack Went Wrong
- Warranty – Customers get just a one-year warranty on parts and labor. There’s a lifetime warranty on the frame. Extended warranty plans are available for an extra cost.
Overall Rating for the NordicTrack FreeStrider 35 S Elliptical
NordicTrack’s FreeStrider 35 S Elliptical offers excellent low-impact yet efficient workouts. It goes beyond traditional ellipticals by letting people exercise more muscle fibers in the lower body. The built-in audio is a nice extra that keeps exercise interesting, and the speakers also deliver the voice of a virtual physical trainer when the user activates iFit Live.
The main difference between this machine and the more expensive 35Si is that the 35Si includes an iFit module and a 12-month iFit subscription.