NordicTrack E5Vi Elliptical
The E5Vi, a budget elliptical, is the cheapest cross trainer in NordicTrack’s current lineup. Its most distinguishing feature is its adjustable stride, which can be set to 13”, 15”, and 18”. Due to reliability issues, this machine is not highly recommended.
Elliptical Hits: Nice Features of the NordicTrack E5Vi Elliptical
- Compact design – The E5Vi can be folded to save three feet of floor space.
- Adjustable stride – The adjustable stride permits shorter to average-height people to use the machine as both an elliptical trainer and a stairclimber.
- Program variety – These cross trainers include 16 preset workouts.
- Heart rate monitor – An EKG grip pulse sensor is included.
- Upper body workout – These machines have movable arm bars to provide upper-body exercise.
Elliptical Misses: Where NordicTrack Went Wrong
- Resistance – Only 10 resistance levels are included on the 2010 model.
- Reliability – Customer reviews indicate that machine parts are often faulty or missing when the elliptical is delivered.
- Warranty – Customers get a lifetime frame warranty but just a one-year parts and labor warranty. This is especially disappointing considering the reports of imperfect products and slow customer service.
Overall Rating for the NordicTrack E5Vi Elliptical
The E5Vi offers a good variety of workouts with its variable stride and 16 built-in programs. Unfortunately, this machine is as low in quality as it is in price. Customers complain of poor quality control and disappointing customer service. Other NordicTrack ellipticals, such as the A.C.T.s, are generally much more impressive. The Sole and Schwinn brands also offer much better value than the NordicTrack E5Vi.