NordicTrack Commercial XM Elliptical
The Commercial XM delivers gym-quality workouts to smaller users. This isn’t a machine for hefty people, but smaller women in particular call this a fantastic machine for toning trouble spots. It includes 16 personal trainer workouts plus Quick Target Toning to maximize the efficiency of exercise.
Elliptical Hits: Nice Features of the NordicTrack Commercial XM Elliptical
- Standard stride – The 18” stride lets shorter people exercise with a full range of motion.
- Programming – Sixteen personal trainer programs are included. There’s also space to save two custom workouts. With sixteen resistance levels, these options offer great variety.
- Quick Target Toning — Just select a muscle group and the machine will go to work! The machine automatically adjusts resistance levels to specially target quadriceps, calves, and other muscle groups.
- Upper body workout – Adjustable upper-body workout arms help tone the arms, shoulders, back, and torso.
- Heart rate monitor – Grip pulse monitors are built into the handlebars and help people train within the best heart rate zone.
- Oversized pedals – The roomy pedals are intended to provide foot comfort over long workouts. With the extra room, there is space to reposition the feet if they become fatigued.
Elliptical Misses: Where NordicTrack Went Wrong
- Simple stride – While the XM’s fixed 18” stride is good enough for healthy exercise, it’s a notch below the adjustable strides available on other NordicTracks. The FreeStrider 35S extends up to 35” and the A.C.T. Pro adjusts from 18” to 22”.
- Sound system – A number of NordicTracks are offered with iPod compatibility, but the Commercial XM isn’t among them.
- Short warranty – Customers get just a 90-day warranty on parts and labor. That’s very short. Get an extended warranty for peace of mind.
Overall Rating for the NordicTrack Commercial XM Elliptical
This is an excellent cross trainer for shorter people who seek serious toning. It lacks the fancy extras of some other NordicTracks, but it provides great workouts at a low cost.
If you’re disappointed by the fixed 18” stride, then check out these NordicTrack ellipticals with long adjustable strides: the A.C.T. Commercial Pro (18” to 20”), the FreeStrider 35S (up to 35”), and the Pathfinder (18” to 20”).