MultiSports ECT 880 Elliptical Cross Trainer
The ECT 880 is among the better cross trainers from MultiSports and is advertised as a commercial unit. Unlike some other MultiSports ellipticals, it has a long stride and narrowly-spaced pedals. It’s easy to assemble, runs quietly, and has a sturdy frame. The ECT 880’s MSRP of $2875 seems high, but online shoppers can get this elliptical for 25% off.
Elliptical Hits: Best Features of the MultiSports ECT 880 Elliptical Cross Trainer
- Long stride – This machine’s 21” stride lets taller people use a full range of motion.
- Total body workout – The handlebars move with the pedals to exercise the upper and lower body at once.
- Preset workouts –This machine has eight program modes with adjustable tension plus a fitness test. The LCD shows RPM, distance, calories, watts, heart rate, time, speed, and resistance level
- High capacity – The MultiSports 880 is built of 11-gauge steel and can support a 350-pound user
- Heart rate monitor – This unit includes a grip heart rate monitor and can be used with a wireless system. Two heart rate control programs are included on the console.
Elliptical Misses: How the ECT 880 Needs to Improve
- Poor warranty – The standard MultiSports elliptical warranty includes a lifetime warranty on the frame and a year of protection on moving parts. The warranty doesn’t fit well with this elliptical’s sale price.
Overall Rating for the MultiSports ECT 880 Elliptical Trainer
The ECT 880 is a smooth-running cross trainer that offers plenty of resistance, good program variety, and stability even for hefty users. Its main drawback is its short and limited warranty, but keep in mind that the warranty is designed with commercial use in mind. When used by just one person, this machine could operate trouble-free for many years.
The ECT 880 is one of the best ellipticals from MultiSports, but it doesn’t hurt to compare prices. The HealthRider Club Series H140e is a very similar machine that sometimes sells for less than the MultiSports model.