MultiSports Fitness 8500 Elliptical
The 8500 elliptical is one of MultiSports Fitness’s top cross trainers. It has light commercial features including a sturdy build, high weight capacity, and 20” stride. This machine is ideal for beginners and seasoned trainers alike.
The MultiSports 8500 typically sells for $2995. Online vendors offer low price guarantees and free delivery.
Elliptical Hits: Best Features of the MultiSports 8500 Elliptical Trainer
- Long stride – The 20” stride is especially comfortable for adults of average to taller heights. This machine’s sturdy frame helps ensure that the stride is smooth even for heavy users.
- High capacity – This unit has a steel frame and a 400 pound user weight capacity. The frame and its welding are guaranteed for a lifetime.
- Preset workouts – Eleven preset workouts help people target weight loss, endurance, and other goals. A heart rate readout helps people to make the most of each workout by exercising at the optimal exertion level.
- Heart rate monitors – The 8500 has a contact heart rate monitor and wireless telemetry.
Elliptical Misses: How the 8500 Needs to Improve
- Few data readouts – The console displays RPM, calories, watts, and pulse. Distance and other common readouts aren’t provided.
- Poor warranty – The standard MultiSports elliptical warranty includes a lifetime guarantee on the frame but just a year of protection on parts. That’s a short warranty for a machine costing more than $2000. Also, the warranty is not valid in Alaska.
Overall Rating for the MultiSports 8500 Elliptical Trainer
The MultiSports 8500 has a comfortable 20” stride and a sturdy 250-pound frame. It has adequate programming to keep a cardio program interesting. Overall though, MultiSports isn’t offering customers much for the price and fails to back up
their product with a fair warranty. Other brands offer elliptical trainers with better warranties, interactive iFit workouts, iPod hookups, motorized inclines, and/or other features for a similar price.