Motus M770E with LED Display
The Motus M770E combines good ergonomics with durability and convenient extras. It has an 18” stride and 25 tension levels. This unit can be found online for $5199.
Elliptical Hits: Great Features of the Motus M770E Elliptical Cross Trainer
- Program variety – Goal programs, heart rate control programs, and other preset workouts help keep exercise interesting. There are nine preset workouts plus a manual mode.
- Variable resistance – Intensity can be set at 25 levels for highly customized workouts.
- Upper body exercise – Stationary and movable handles are included.
- Heart rate monitor(s) – Heart rate control programs work in conjunction with contact sensors, which are built into the handlebars. A wireless telemetry system is also available.
- High capacity – This sturdy machine weighs 290 pounds and has a 350 pound user weight capacity.
Elliptical Misses: Where Motus Falls Short
- Shorter stride – Measuring about 18 1/8”, the stride length is fine for shorter users but might feel restrictive to others.
- High step up – The 11” step-on height won’t matter to most users, but those who are frail or have sensitive knees would be better off with a Landice or another elliptical that has a low entry step.
- Large footprint – Measuring 67″ x 148″, this unit takes up a lot of floor space.
Overall Rating for the Motus M770E Elliptical
This high-end cross trainer includes the essentials for great low-impact exercise plus a good variety of programming and a convenient MP3 tray. However, it seems a bit overpriced. Other high-end brands such as Landice and Matrix offer longer warranties with similarly-priced machines.