Motus USA has been manufacturing commercial elliptical trainers, treadmills, and other fitness equipment since 1993. The LA-based company is known for using Samsung electronics and other premium parts in its workout equipment. In addition to having LCD televisions and other luxuries, Motus USA elliptical trainers feature solid basics such as good program variety and a wide range of challenge levels. These units sometimes retail for more than $7000 but are sold at a discount online.
Elliptical Hits: Great Features of Motus Elliptical Crosstrainers
- Upper body exercise – Stationary and movable handles are included.
- Integrated entertainment – For extra motivation, the Motus ellipticals with LCD entertainment feature wide Samsung LCD screens with headphone connections.
- Variable resistance – The intensity on Mobus trainers can be set at 25 levels for highly customized workouts.
- Program variety – A variety of goal programs, heart rate control programs, and other preset workouts help keep exercise interesting. Trainees also get a manual mode.
- Heart rate monitor(s) – Heart rate control programs work in conjunction with contact sensors, which are built into the handlebars. Wireless telemetry systems are also available.
- High capacity – These sturdy machines weigh about 300 pounds and have 350-pound user weight capacities.
Elliptical Misses: Where Motus Falls Short
- Shorter stride – Measuring 18”-19”, the stride lengths on Motus crosstrainers are fine for shorter users but may feel restrictive to others.
- High step up – The 11” step-on height won’t matter to most users, but those who are frail or have sensitive knees might prefer pedals that are closer to the ground.
- Large footprint – Motus ellipticals take up a lot of floor space; they’re twice as long as some other commercial crosstrainers.
- Warranty – Customers get free labor during the first year of purchase. Parts warranties on Motus ellipticals are generally for two years. Considering the units’ MSRPs, that seems a bit short.
Overall Rating for Motus USA Elliptical Machines
The Motus brand provides the essentials of low-impact exercise plus audiovisual motivators in the form of integrated TVs, headphones, and MP3 accessory trays. These machines make popular additions to commercial gyms and are a pretty good value when bought on sale. However, other commercial brands such as Landice and Matrix offer longer warranties.
|Motus M770E with LCD Entertainment||See Best Price|
|Motus M770E with LED Display||See Best Price|
|Motus M770E and M770EL Elliptical Trainers||See Best Price|