Livestrong LS8.0E Elliptical
This elliptical is among the simplest in Livestrong’s lineup. Its highlights include a 20” stride, a heavy flywheel, and a 5-position incline. Upgrades to this model – the 10.0 and 13.0 – add audiovisual entertainment and a motorized incline.
Elliptical Hits: Nice Features of the Livestrong LS8.0E
- Long stride – All ellipticals in the Livestrong LS series have 20” strides. When combined with the 5-position incline, users can tone different muscle groups in the legs while using healthy ranges of motion.
- Ergonomic frame – Livestrong frames are SixStar Certified. This means that they incorporate knowledge of biomechanics to provide the most natural elliptical motion.
- Heavy flywheel – The 8.0 has a relatively heavy 23-pound flywheel to provide strong resistance and smooth movement.
- Optimally spaced pedals – The pedals have virtually no space between them, and this promotes healthy hip movement.
- Hefty build – At 192 pounds, this elliptical weighs about 40 pounds more than Livestrong’s 7.9 elliptical. It has an advertised user weight capacity of 300 pounds.
Livestrong Elliptical Misses with the LS8.0
- Moderate number of programs – This elliptical has 9 programs and 16 levels of resistance.
- Short warranty – Customers get lifetime protection on the machine’s frame and brake, but there’s just a one-year warranty for parts and labor. The LS 10.0 and 13.0 have longer parts warranties.
Overall Rating for the Livestrong 8.0 Elliptical Trainer
Livestrong gave this machine a hefty frame, but the Livestrong 10.0 and 13.0 provide better value. They add on an electronically adjustable incline, and their MP3 ports plus interactive technology provide a more rewarding workout experience.