Livestrong LS7.9E Elliptical
This elliptical is the simplest in Livestrong’s lineup. It has a long stride, contact heart rate grips, and an audio system. Compared to the next step up, the LS9.9E, it has a lighter weight and fewer resistance levels. Unlike Livestrong’s other elliptical trainers, this model does not incline.
Elliptical Hits: Nice Features of the Livestrong LS7.9E
- Long stride – All ellipticals in the Livestrong LS series have 20” strides.
- High quality frame – Livestrong frames are SixStar Certified. This means that they incorporate knowledge of biomechanics to provide the most natural elliptical motion. For example, the pedals are optimally spaced and the machine supports an upright posture.
- Heavy flywheel –The 7.9 has a relatively heavy 23-pound flywheel to provide strong resistance and smooth movement.
- Optimally spaced pedals – The pedals are designed to have virtually no gap between them. This helps reduce fatigue in the hips.
- Entertainment – Each Livestrong elliptical has speakers and MP3 player compatibility. However, customers have observed that the sound is less than high fidelity.
Livestrong Elliptical Misses
- Moderate number of programs – This elliptical has 8 programs and 16 levels of resistance.
- Fixed stride – The 20” stride is great for tall users, but they won’t be able to share the machine with shorter friends and family members. A fixed stride machine also challenges fewer muscles groups than one with variable stride.
- Wobbly – This trainer weighs just 156 pounds. It has a user weight capacity of 300 pounds, but customer reviews cast doubt on this number.
- Short warranty – Customers get lifetime protection on the machine’s frame and brake, but there’s just a one-year warranty for parts and labor. This is a cause for concern since the machines reputedly need more maintenance than does the average elliptical machine.
Overall Rating for the Livestrong 7.9 Elliptical Trainer
Livestrong gave this machine a good start with its great frame, but the entire unit is rather lightweight and unimpressive. This machine might satisfy lighter users who won’t make it wobble. Overall though, customers get better value from the LS9.9E. The machine’s extra weight and incline provide a more rewarding workout experience.