Livestrong LS15.0E Elliptical
A Serious Cross Trainer with 30-Lb. Flywheel
Livestrong fitness equipment was earning so-so reviews for a while, but this brand has bounced back. The LS15.0E elliptical is their top cross trainer for 2013 and it represents the brand very well. Highlights include a 30-pound drive for a smooth ride and strong resistance, a healthy 20” stride, a serious incline and a convenient touchscreen. Despite all that good stuff, it qualifies as an Energy Saver too. Sale priced at just $1500 with shipping included, this product earns a five star review.
A percentage of profits from each Livestrong elliptical sale will be donated to the Livestrong Foundation. The Foundation helps people affected by cancer.
Elliptical Hits: Nice Features of the Livestrong LS15.0E
- Ergonomic stride – Each elliptical model in the Livestrong LS series has a healthy 20” stride. This top-of-the-line model also features a special gel-filled pedal arch to provide support. We haven’t seen this feature on any other elliptical brand.
- Ergonomic frame – Livestrong frames are SixStar Certified. This means that they’re built incorporating knowledge of biomechanics, not just “whatever fits” or whatever looks good to the designer.
- Heavy flywheel – A 30-pound flywheel distinguishes upper-end Livestrong ellipticals from competitors’ products. The flywheel is responsible for your machine’s smooth operation and determines the resistance. Thirty pounds is heavy enough to provide a smooth ride without being ridiculously challenging.
- Steep incline – This machine can tilt up to 100% in 5% increments. We can’t imagine the full-tilt position, but it’s nice to know! Train at a 5% incline to see dramatically fast calorie loss, and train at 15% or higher to see a big difference in how much leg muscle is recruited. If you feel that a 20” stride is too long, you’ll find that it’s shortened when you use the incline.
- Preset programs – This Livestrong elliptical trainer includes eight presets with 20 levels of resistance. Normally we might be less than enthusiastic about “just” eight workouts, but Livestrong has provided good variety. The titles include: Manual, Fat Burn, Fitness Test, Target Heart Rate, Constant Watts, Rolling Hills, Intervals, and Glute Training.
- Touch screen – Access controls via a 7” color touch screen! These are becoming more common as fitness companies release their ellipticals for 2012 and 2013.
- Wireless heart rate monitor – A Polar heart rate monitor, the best in the business, is included. The data can help you exercise within your target heart rate zone and make the most of each exercise session.
- Extras – An iPod-compatible SonicSurround speaker system, an adjustable workout fan and an accessory rack are built into the console. An integrated fitness journal automatically tracks your progress.
- Good warranty package – You’ll get lifetime protection on the LS15.0’s frame and brake. There’s a five-year parts warranty and a two-year labor warranty. Extended service plans are available for one and two years. You’ll also get a 30-day money back guarantee.
Overall Rating for the Livestrong 15.0 Elliptical LS15.0E
The Livestrong LS15.0E is a pleasant surprise. Livestrong has stepped up their game and is producing some of the most effective and durable fitness machines on the market. The long stride, steep incline, heavy flywheel, arched pedals and color touch screen are just some of the impressive features on the latest model. With great basics, perks and high potential for longevity, the LS15.0E is one of the best values of the year when you buy it on sale.