LifeSpan EL3000i Elliptical
The EL3000i is LifeSpan’s premiere home elliptical machine. The compact unit has special impact-absorbing pedals, a USB drive to capture workout data, and a sound system for entertainment.
Elliptical Hits: Features of the LifeSpan EL3000i
- Good ergonomics – LifeSpan ellipticals are advertised as “Natural FIT” machines with especially good ergonomics. On the EL3000i, the elliptical pedals feature a comfortable gel cushioning and are narrowly spaced to support proper lower body movement. The movable arm bars support a healthy natural upper body motion, and the machine’s heavy flywheel helps provide a smooth exercise experience.
- Heavy flywheel – The EL3000i has a relatively heavy 24-pound drive.
- Full stride – This compact trainer has a 20” stride to allow a full range of motion.
- Programs – This model has 19 built-in programs plus space to store two user-designed workouts. Workout data are displayed on a multi-color screen and can be exported to a free online personal training program, the LifeSpan Fitness Club.
- Stability – The steel-framed EL3000i can support up to 300 pounds.
- Good warranty – LifeSpan customers get a lifetime warranty on the frame and brake, three years on parts, and a year of labor.
Elliptical Misses: How LifeSpan Fails to Impress
- Noise – Some customers have commented that the machine doesn’t operate as quietly as they’d expected.
- Safety – According to customer reviews, this isn’t the best elliptical for a child-safe home. The Precor brand is especially known for its safety features.
Overall Rating for LifeSpan Elliptical Machines
LifeSpan has made good strides with their EL3000i. It’s a significant improvement over the lackluster EL1000: it has a longer stride, more programs, a heavier flywheel, and extra-comfy pedals. Nonetheles, it’s worth comparing this model with ellipticals by Schwinn, Smooth, and other affordable brands – especially if child safety is a concern.