LifeSpan EL1000 Elliptical
Made in the USA, the LifeSpan EL1000 is an affordable elliptical machine designed for home use. The compact unit has a high weight capacity and good ergonomics. However, it lacks any standout features when compared with competitors.
Elliptical Hits: Features of the LifeSpan EL1000
- Stability – The EL1000 is a heavy steel machine and can accommodate up to a 300 pound user.
- Good ergonomics — The EL1000’s full name is the LifeSpan EL 1000 Natural Fit elliptical. It provides low-impact exercise with natural-motion armbars, narrowly-spaced pedals that promote a natural range of motion, and a good stride length.
- Full strides – The EL1000 has an 18” stride, which is ideal for shorter to average-height users.
- Compact – The EL1000 is just 62” long and 28” wide, making it smaller than other ellipticals with similar strides.
- Good warranty – LifeSpan customers get a lifetime warranty on the frame and brake, three years on parts, and a year of labor.
Elliptical Misses: Where LifeSpan Went Wrong
- Programs – The EL1000 has only 8 preset programs and 3 intensity levels. This is especially little variety.
Overall Rating for LifeSpan Elliptical Machines
LifeSpans are overall fine workout machines with adequate warranties. Still, the EL1000 lacks any standout features and is especially low on programming; it wouldn’t take long for some users to master the machine. For the price of a LifeSpan EL1000 elliptical, a customer could get more features for less money with brands like Schwinn and Smooth.