LifeCORE LC990 Elliptical
The LC990 elliptical is made by Lifecore Fitness of Vista, California. This older Lifecore elliptical model is known for being a simple, solid trainer that requires little maintenance. However, it doesn’t stand out from the competition.
Features of the Lifecore LC990
- Compact size – This elliptical has a small footprint of 51”x23”.
- High quality components – The LC990’s frame is made of heavy metal, not plastic, and has high quality parts such as coated bearings on the inside too.
- Easy maintenance — The parts have been assembled for easy maintenance by the home user. Thus “regular people” can easily tell how to fix glitches, so service calls aren’t needed.
- Excellent stride – Lifecore ellipticals have stride lengths for just about everyone. The LC990 is ideal for shorter users.
- Adjustable foot pedals – Adjustable pedals promote comfort and allow users to alter their elliptical motion.
- OK warranty – With 5-7 years on parts and a year of labor, Lifecore elliptical customers are fairly well protected against breakdowns. Additionally, the machines are designed for easy at-home repair.
- Moderate number of programs – The Lifecore 990 has 12 preset programs. These include heart rate programs that adjust the machine’s resistance in accordance with data about the user’s pulse.
- Resistance – Whereas many ellipticals have 20 levels of resistance, the LC990 has only 12 levels.
- Capacity – The cross trainer is labeled with a user capacity of 350 pounds, but this seems generous. Heavier customers have reported that the LC990 is unsteady.
Overall Rating for the Lifecore Elliptical