LifeCORE LC985VG Elliptical
The Lifecore LC985VG elliptical rates as a best buy among lower to mid-priced elliptical trainers. It’s compact, sturdy for lightweight users, and made of durable parts that have a 5-year warranty. This elliptical’s basic console displays speed, calories expended, distance, and heart rate.
Elliptical Hits: Features of the Lifecore 985VG Cross Trainer Elliptical
- Compact size – This 125-pound elliptical has a small footprint: it’s just 51” long and 23” wide. It also has wheels for easy transport.
- Adjustable pedals – The slip-resistant pedals adjust to accommodate different foot sizes.
- Variety of programs – The LC985VG includes 12 preset programs, four of which include heart rate training. That’s pretty good variety considering this trainer’s low price.
- Movable handlebars – The moving handlebars give users the option of a full-body workout.
- High quality components – A heavy 25-pound flywheel and a well-made drive belt help make this a durable machine.
- Good warranty – With 5 years of free replacement and a year of labor, the 985VG is likely to provide many years of hassle-free use.
Elliptical Misses: Why to Consider the Alternatives
- Weight capacity — The compact size of this elliptical is a plus for people with limited workout space, but it also makes it hard to believe that the machine’s advertised 300-pound capacity is accurate.
- Shorter stride – With this cross trainer, Lifecore offers just a 17.5” stride. When combined with the probably low weight capacity, that makes this machine fine for small users but maybe not the best choice for others.
Overall Rating for the Lifecore LC985VG Elliptical
The LC985VG elliptical is an above-average trainer for its price class. Because of its shorter stride and light weight, it’s recommended for smaller people but not those weighing more than 150 pounds. The LC990 weighs a bit more and has a higher user weight capacity.