LifeCORE LC2000 Elliptical
The LC2000 elliptical is made by Lifecore Fitness of Vista, California. This older Lifecore elliptical model is known for being simple and solid and requiring little maintenance. However, it fails to stand out against the competition. The main appeal of the LC2000 is its compact size.
Elliptical Hits: Nice Features of the Lifecore LC2000
- Compact size – This elliptical has a small footprint and is advertised as “ultra compact.”
- Long stride – Despite its overall compact size, the LC2000 has a long 20” stride.
- High quality components – The LC2000’s frame is made of heavy metal, not plastic, and the machine has high quality internal parts such as coated ball bearings.
- Easy maintenance – Lifecore ellipticals have been assembled for easy maintenance by the home user. Thus “regular people” can easily tell how to fix glitches and avoid service calls.
- Adjustable foot pedals – Adjustable pedals promote comfort and allow users to alter their elliptical motion.
- OK warranty – With 7 years on parts and a year of labor, customers are fairly well protected against breakdowns.
- Moderate number of programs – The Lifecore 2000 has 12 pre-set programs and 16 levels of resistance.
- Capacity – The cross trainer is labeled with a user capacity of 400 pounds. However, some reports suggest that a lower number such as 300 would be more accurate.
- Price – The Lifecore 2000 trainer is relatively inexpensive, but other brands tend to offer ellipticals with lower prices and additional features.
Overall Rating for the Lifecore Elliptical
The Lifecore LC2000 elliptical doesn’t stand out against other brands except for its compact size. Smooth, Sole, and ProForm are some brands that offer better features in the same price range. Newer Lifecore ellipticals, such as the CD700, also have more appeal.