Life Fitness X8 Elliptical Cross-Trainer
The X8 is among Life Fitness’s top home elliptical machines. Its electronic adjustable stride makes it ideal for multi-user households and for people interested in training different muscle groups. The X8 adds to the X5’s success with an even lower-impact elliptical motion, closer pedal spacing, and a more advanced shock absorption system.
Elliptical Hits: Great Features of the X8 Elliptical
- Adjustable stride – The 18”-24” stride can be adjusted electronically.
- Comfortable pedals – The X8 has oversized pedals, and they actually flex to support the user’s natural foot motion. The pedals are narrowly spaced to promote hip comfort.
- Heart rate monitoring – Pulse rate sensors are built into the handlebars. The advanced console for the X8 is sold with a Polar chest strap for wireless monitoring.
- Sturdiness – This machine weighs 250 pounds and has a 350-pound user weight capacity.
- Programming – The X8 cross trainer includes just 5 or 10 preset workouts, depending on the chosen console. The programs stand out by taking advantage of the machine’s adjustable stride and training different muscle groups.
- Extras – A reading rack, bottle holder, and accessory tray are included.
- Very good warranties – Buyers get a lifetime warranty on the frame, a 7-year warranty on parts, and a year of labor. They also get 2 years of protection on the electronic Activity Zone.
Elliptical Misses: Drawbacks of the Life Fitness X8 Elliptical
- Size – This machine is 83” inches long and takes up more space than some other elliptical trainers.
Overall Rating for Life Fitness X8 Ellipticals
The X8’s adjustable stride is a hit! It lets customers share their machine with friends and family — and when taken with the machine’s special arm workout programs, it lets people train a wider variety of muscle groups than do other elliptical trainers. For instance, with the Leg Sculpt program, the machine automatically changes stride length every two minutes to sculpt different parts of the lower body. The narrow pedal spacing and flexible pedals also make this a notably high-quality trainer.