Life Fitness X3 Elliptical Cross-Trainer
The X3 elliptical cross-trainer is a residential cross trainer that offers gym-quality workouts. It’s a step up from the X1; added features include more resistance levels and a constant heart rate readout.
Elliptical Hits: Great Features of the X3 Elliptical Cross-Trainer
- Long stride – The 20” stride lets tall exercisers make a full elliptical motion.
- Comfortable pedals – The X3 has oversized pedals with foam inserts.
- Wireless heart rate monitoring – This trainer is sold with a Polar chest strap for convenient heart rate monitoring.
- Sturdiness – The X3 weighs 215 pounds and has a 350-pound user weight capacity.
- Extras – A reading rack and accessory trays are included.
- Good warranties – Buyers get a lifetime warranty on the frame, a three-year warranty on parts, and a year of labor.
Elliptical Misses: Drawbacks of the Life Fitness X3 Elliptical Cross-Trainer
- Programming – The X3 cross trainer includes just 5 or 10 preset workouts, depending on the chosen console. There are 16 resistance levels, which is an improvement over the X1.
- Fixed stride – Multi-user households might prefer a machine with an adjustable stride; 20” is too long for short people. The Life Fitness X8 has the same MSRP but has an 18”-24” adjustable stride.
- Size – This machine is 81” inches long and takes up more space than some other elliptical trainers.
Overall Rating for Life Fitness X3 Ellipticals
The X3 is a step up from the X1 Elliptical. Attractive features include great ergonomics, a heart rate readout, quiet operation, and durability. Still, the relatively low number of programs might disappoint frequent exercisers. Smooth Fitness and Precor ellipticals might be a better value.