Life Fitness X1 Elliptical Cross-Trainer
The X1 elliptical cross-trainer is the entry-level model in Life Fitness’s X Series. It has a 20” stride and can be paired with a basic or advanced workout console.
Elliptical Hits: Great Features of the X1 Elliptical Cross-Trainer
- Long stride – The 20” stride lets tall exercisers make a full elliptical motion.
- Comfortable pedals – The pedals on all Life Fitness ellipticals are oversized for comfort.
- Wireless heart rate monitoring – This trainer is sold with a Polar chest strap for convenient heart rate monitoring.
- Sturdiness – This machine weighs 215 pounds and has a 350-pound user weight capacity.
- Extras – A reading rack and accessory trays are included.
- Good warranties – Buyers get a lifetime warranty on the frame, a 3-year warranty on parts, and a year of labor.
Elliptical Misses: Drawbacks of the Life Fitness X1 Elliptical
- Programming – The X1 cross trainer includes just 5 or 10 preset workouts, depending on the chosen console. There are only 12 resistance levels.
- Fixed stride – Multi-user households might prefer a machine with an adjustable stride; 20” is too long for short people. The Life Fitness X8 has the same MSRP but has an 18”-24” adjustable stride.
- Size – This machine is 81” inches long and takes up more space than some other elliptical trainers.
Overall Rating for Life Fitness X1 Ellipticals
The X1 offers great quality, and especially for an entry-level unit. Attractive features include great ergonomics, a wireless heart monitor, quiet operation, and durability. However, the relatively small number of programs and resistance levels might disappoint frequent exercisers. In that sense, Smooth Fitness and Precor typically have better offers.