Life Fitness CT9100RD Cross Trainer
Save $2000+ on the Life Fitness CT9100RD Cross Trainer
The Life Fitness CT9100RD Cross Trainer or Life Fitness 9100 elliptical trainer has graced health clubs and hotel fitness rooms worldwide. With reconditioned models now becoming available, you can have one of these high-end ellipticals in your home gym for a low price. How low? Although brand-new trainers cost about $5000, reconditioned units sell for $2350.
“Reconditioned” versus “Used”
Reconditioned elliptical trainers are virtually indistinguishable from brand-new models. After they’re returned by the original owner, they receive full makeovers that include new internal parts and bolts if needed, new cosmetic coatings and factory-fresh stickers.
These units are ready for many more years of reliable cardio training. Unlike treadmills, which fall victim to dust contamination and worn-out tracks, commercial elliptical trainers tend to work well for 15 years or more.
Top Selling Points of the CT9100RD Cross Trainer
Life Fitness customers get an excellent combination of high-quality components and workout options. Some of the more engaging workouts are named Around the World and Kilimanjaro. These virtually take trainees from rolling foothills to steep mountain paths. With each workout trainees get feedback on a large 7” x 15” LED. It shows calories burned and calories/hour, distance, time, watts, METs and RPMs.
Other specifications of this cross trainer are:
- 19.5″ stride – ideal for most adults
- 20 intensity levels
- 25 preset workouts
- Moveable arms for total training
- Hand grip & wireless pulse sensors
- Oversized pedals with non-slip treatment
- Self-powered with optional plug
- Sturdy 235-pound base
- 350-lb. user weight capacity
- Convenient transport wheels
Are There Any Drawbacks?
The Life Fitness 9100 elliptical isn’t for everyone. These factors might make you think twice:
- Size: This commercial-sized trainer is too large for some households. It measures 80”L x 27”W. High-quality residential ellipticals, in contrast, are usually between five and six feet long. Some can even be folded vertically to conserve floor space.
- Warranty: Like other refurbished elliptical trainers, the CT9100RD has a limited warranty. Replacement parts are provided for 90 days and labor is provided for 30 days.
Our Overall Review of the Life Fitness Cross Trainer
We wholeheartedly recommend purchasing a reconditioned Life Fitness machine. Generous programming, a comfortable 19.5” stride and total body training are just a few benefits of this luxury trainer. Trainees note a significant difference between this product and comparably priced residential trainers.
Although we normally emphasize the importance of getting a long warranty, exceptions can be made for reconditioned commercial trainers. Saving thousands of dollars on a very well-built Life Fitness product is absolutely worth the unlikely risk of needing to pay for parts or repairs. This product has a new MSRP of $4999 but sells reconditioned for about $2350.