Kettler Verso 309 Elliptical
Kettler’s Verso 309, a replacement for the 307, is among the better discount cross trainers for home use. It has a 285-pound user weight capacity, eight preset workouts, and a heart rate monitor. Like the 307, it has a small stride that makes it best for shorter individuals. The Kettler 309 sells for as low as $859 online.
Elliptical Hits: Great Features of the Verso 309
- Dual-direction – The 309 can be used in forward and backward motions to target different muscles.
- Varied programming – Eight preset programs can be used in addition to Fitness, Fat Burning, and Manual modes. There are 16 resistance levels.
- Heavy flywheel – The 309 is equipped with an impressive 31-pound flywheel, which far outweighs the drives of most of the competition. A heavy drive supports very smooth, natural, and low-impact movement.
- High capacity – The user weight capacity is 285 pounds.
- Adjustable footplates – The footplates are adjustable for comfort and are texturized for safety.
- Heart rate monitors – Hand grip and ear clip monitors are included. The machine can also be used with a chest belt.
- Compact size – The Kettler Verso 309 has a small footprint and has wheels for easy transport.
- Good warranty – This unit is sold with a lifetime warranty on the frame, a three-year warranty on other parts, and a year of labor.
Overall Rating for Kettler Verso 309 Ellipticals
The Verso 309 is a recommended buy for shorter individuals seeking a durable cross trainer. Unlike many other budget ellipticals, this machine is built of high-quality components such as heavy steel and sealed ball bearings – not plastic. It doesn’t have extras such as an MP3 dock and speakers, but it beats other budget models by providing strong basics.