Kettler Mondeo Elliptical
The Mondeo is a basic but high-quality cross trainer by Kettler, a German company that’s renowned for top-notch engineering. Like the Kettler Vito XL, this elliptical machine is well-built but lacks many appealing extras. This compact machine has a 16” stride.
Elliptical Hits: Nice Features of the Kettler Mondeo Elliptical
- Reversible motion – By moving in a reverse elliptical path, a person can focus on different leg muscles than they do with forward motion.
- Heavy flywheel – The Mondeo is equipped with an impressive 45-pound flywheel, which far outweighs the drives of most of its competition.
- High capacity – The user weight capacity is 330 pounds.
- Adjustable footplates – The footplates have a variable angle so that people can use different elliptical motions.
- Heart rate monitor – Pulse grip and ear clip monitors are included.
- Compact size – The Kettler Mondeo has a footprint of just 21”x59” and has wheels for easy transport.
- Good warranty package – This unit is sold with a lifetime warranty on the frame, a three-year warranty on other parts, and a year of labor.
Elliptical Misses: Drawbacks of the Kettler Mondeo
- Features – Unlike the more advanced Kettler ellipticals, this model lacks stand-out features such as an incline or a wide variety of preset programs.
- Short fixed stride – The short stride is common in machines of this price range, but affordable machines with longer or adjustable strides are available. Adjustable strides let people exercise different muscle groups and share the machine with people of different heights.
- Workout variety – This unit includes just 8 preset programs and 15 resistance levels.
Overall Rating for Kettler Mondeo Ellipticals
The Mondeo is a very well-constructed machine, and it’s a slight improvement over the Kettler Vito XL. The Mondeo builds upon the Vito XL with a few more programs, five more resistance levels, and reversible motion. Still, more entertaining machines that are also durable are available for this price. One to consider is the Smooth CE 3.6, which has an iPod dock.