Kettler HKS Vito XLS Elliptical
The Vito XLS is one of Kettler’s most popular cross trainers. This stylish fitness machine offers an exceptionally heavy flywheel and a relatively low price. However, its 16” stride makes it ideal just for people about 5’4” and under. It sells online for about $1200.
Elliptical Hits: Great Features of the Vito XLS
- Heavy flywheel – The Vito XLS is equipped with an impressive 45-pound flywheel, which far outweighs the drives of most of its competition. This supports very smooth, natural, and low-impact movement.
- High capacity – The user weight capacity is 330 pounds.
- Adjustable footplates – The footplates are adjustable by up to six inches to vary the elliptical motion.
- Heart rate monitor – Pulse grip and ear clip monitors are included.
- Compact size – The Kettler Vito XLS has a footprint of just 22” x 56” and has wheels for easy transport.
- Good warranty package – This unit is sold with a lifetime warranty on the frame, a three-year warranty on other parts, and a year of labor.
Elliptical Misses: Drawbacks of the Kettler Vito XLS
- Few resistance levels – Although the machine provides great resistance, tension is only available in ten increments.
- Short fixed stride – The short stride is common in machines of this price range, but affordable machines with adjustable strides are available. Adjustable strides let people exercise different muscles and use a more natural range of motion.
- Workout variety – This unit includes just 6 preset programs and 10 resistance levels.
Overall Rating for Kettler Vito XLS Ellipticals
The Vito XLS is a very well-constructed machine. It has a heavy flywheel, a steel frame, sealed ball bearings, and other elements of a durable elliptical trainer. That said, it lacks other features that are becoming common in home elliptical trainers, such as an adjustable stride, audio, and an incline. People might also be disappointed by the low number of programs and resistance levels. Thus, while the Kettler Vito XLS is a high quality machine, it’s advisable to compare it with ellipticals by other brands such as Precor, Schwinn, and Smooth Fitness.