Keiser M5 Strider 5600PBC Elliptical
The Keiser M5 Strider or 5600PBC is designed not only for in-home training but also for group elliptical workouts. It’s portable enough to be easily transported, yet it’s high-quality and carries a three-year warranty. It sells for as low as $1895 online.
Elliptical Hits: What You Get with the Keiser M5 Elliptical Trainer
- Compact size – The M5 weighs 135 pounds but can easily be moved with its wheels. It takes up 28”x38” of floor space. Its height is adjustable.
- Optional upper-body workout – The M5 Strider has stationary handlebars and padded movable handlebars.
- Smart computer – The console provides immediate progress about workouts and tracks fitness data over the long term.
- Heart rate monitor – A wireless-compatible heart rate monitor helps people exercise at just the right pace to maximize training time.
- Adjustable resistance – The machine has 24 tension levels.
- Extras – A water bottle holder and accessory tray are convenient extras.
Elliptical Misses: What’s Not So Exciting about the M5
- So-so warranty – This elliptical has a three-year warranty on most parts. Certain parts are only protected for six months. Labor is not included.
- No programming – Owners of the M5 may be especially dependent on group training for motivation and guidance, as the machine does not have preset workouts. Trainees can adjust the resistance level and get information about distance traveled, calories burned, and other basic workout data.
Overall Rating for the Keiser M5 5600PBC Elliptical
The M5 Strider can be a fun fitness investment for people who enjoy exercising with others. It’s sized for most individuals to transport without difficulty, yet it’s strong enough to support serious cardio training. Some buyers might be disappointed by the lack of programming when they exercise alone. This machine would earn a higher rating if it had preset programs and a more generous warranty.