Ironman Harmony Elliptical
Ironman’s Harmony elliptical is among the brand’s more impressive offerings. The machine has a 300-pound capacity and includes a lifetime warranty on its motor. The Ironman Harmony also stands out for its center drive, which helps users feel more balanced than they might with front drive and rear drive machines.
While this is a good quality machine, it doesn’t offer the extras of similarly-priced brands. Here’s what you get:
- Long stride –The Ironman Harmony is especially designed for taller athletes and features a 21” stride. (Most ellipticals in this price range have strides of 20” or less.) That said, the stride isn’t adjustable and will disappoint shorter users.
- Stability – With its 180-pound base, the Harmony easily lives up to its claim of a 300-pound capacity.
- Programs – Fifteen exercise programs and 16 resistance levels provide plenty of workout variety.
- Upper body exercise – Handlebars help people to exercise their arms and legs at the same time.
- Small footprint – Ironman cross trainers take up less space than ellipticals by most other brands. The Harmony measures 47” long by 30” wide.
- Acceptable warranty – The unit includes a lifetime warranty on the frame and motor and one year on other parts and labor.
Elliptical Misses (What You Don’t Get)
- Extras – The Ironman Harmony has good basics for taller trainers, but it doesn’t include the extras that other brands have at this price.
- Articulating pedals – People who frequently work out with an elliptical will want articulating pedals, which rotate with the natural movement of the ankle. The Harmony does not have especially ergonomic pedals.
Overall Rating for Ironman Ellipticals
Ironman offers some solid fitness equipment that’s built to last a long time. For a reasonable price, taller athletes can get a machine that provides some of the most important basics in an elliptical: a comfortable stride and plenty of workout programs. Still, the Ironman Harmony trainer machine lacks special appeal. The competition offers more advanced features. Some other brands to research include Smooth, Sole, and Spirit.