Ironman Fusion Elliptical
The Ironman Fusion is a popular mid-priced home trainer. It boasts a stable steel frame, dual-wheel aluminum tracks for a smooth glide, and a 20” stride. However, it has a lesser warranty when compared with other Ironman ellipticals.
Elliptical Hits: What You Get with the Ironman
- Healthy stride – The 20” stride provides a true elliptical motion.
- Comfortable pedals – To promote comfort and safety, the Fusion has oversized, padded, anti-slip pedals.
- Better stability – Weighing 182 pounds, the Ironman Fusion is very substantial and sturdy. It has a weight capacity of 300 pounds.
- Heart rate monitoring – The Ironman Fusion includes grip pulse heart rate sensors. A pulse recovery system provides feedback about fitness after each workout.
- Programs – Fifteen program modes combined with sixteen resistance levels provide a broad range of workout options.
Elliptical Misses: What You Don’t Get with the Ironman Fusion Elliptical
- Poor warranty – Buyers get lifetime protection on the frame but just a year of protection on parts.
- Extras – Audio systems, inclines, and other enhancements have become standard with other elliptical brands in this price category.
Overall Rating for the Ironman Fusion Elliptical Trainer
The Fusion has good ergonomics and an adequate variety of workout programs. It’s very similar to the Ironman Harmony, which has a 21” instead of a 20” stride. However, prospective buyers should check out more feature-rich machines from brands such as NordicTrack, Smooth, and Yowza.