Image 8.5 Elliptical
The 8.5 is Image’s most appealing elliptical, but that’s not saying much. This elliptical’s main attractions are probably its low price and its iFit technology. The 8.5 also has adjustable foot pedals, which contribute to good ergonomics. However, with just a 90-day warranty, the Image 8.5 elliptical can’t be expected to last for long.
What You Get with the Image 8.5 Elliptical
The Image 8.5 is a very basic machine. Here are some specifics:
- 17.5” stride –The 17.5” stride is good for petites and short men, but average to tall people will probably feel constrained.
- Adjustable pedals – Although the stride is fixed, the pedals can be adjusted for different foot sizes.
- Upper body exercise – Like most elliptical trainers, the Image 8.5 has movable handlebars to give users the option of exercising their arms and legs simultaneously.
- Comfort – The 8.5 gets good user ratings for its ergonomic handlebars and shock absorption system.
- Programs – Six exercise programs are built into the console. That’s relatively few; most budget ellipticals offer at least 10 preset programs. On the other hand, users can purchase 8-week iFit training programs to keep exercise interesting.
What You Don’t Get with the Image 8.5 Elliptical
- A good warranty – Image ellipticals have substandard 90-day warranties. Even worse, customers frequently report that the equipment breaks down quickly and is costly to repair.
Overall Rating for the Image 8.5 Elliptical
The Image 8.5 elliptical trainer is an odd combination of good and not-so-good. iFit technology and a smooth ride are great features, but it would be silly to invest in a machine that has such a short warranty. People who purchase this machine can expect to enjoy it for a brief time until it breaks down. Some low-cost elliptical brands with better warranties and durability scores include NordicTrack and ProForm.