Image 7.8 Elliptical
The 7.8 is Image’s entry-level elliptical trainer. It includes 10 workout programs, 10 resistance levels, and an 18” stride length.
What You Get
The IMAGE 7.8 elliptical is a very basic machine. Here are some specifics:
- 18” stride –The 18” stride lets shorter to average-height people utilize a full range of elliptical motion.
- Upper body exercise – Like most elliptical trainers, the Image 7.8 has movable handlebars to give users the option of exercising their arms and legs simultaneously.
- Resistance –The 7.8 includes 10 resistance levels. Most ellipticals have a minimum of 16 levels of resistance.
- Programs – Ten exercise programs are built into the console. Two are heart rate programs and the other eight are personal training programs that automatically adjust the machine’s speed and resistance.
- Lower user capacity – Image machines have relatively low weight capacities of about 250 pounds.
- No bells or whistles — Unlike NordicTrack, Icon, and some other elliptical brands, the IMAGE 7.8 doesn’t offer extras such as an iPod dock or incline training.
- Warranty – Image ellipticals have substandard 90-day warranties.
Overall Rating for the IMAGE Elliptical 7.8
The Image 7.8 is so unpopular that even its parent company doesn’t actively promote it. This elliptical has few resistance levels and a very short warranty. Its low price would probably be quickly offset by the cost of replacement parts and labor. For a better deal, buy a budget trainer by Eclipse, Epic, NordicTrack, or another brand with better warranties.