Horizon Fitness is a subsidiary of the multinational company Johnson Health Tech.
As the world’s fourth-largest manufacturer and distributor of workout machines, Johnson also owns Advanced Fitness Group and other brands associated with low-budget to mid-budget fitness equipment. Current Horizon ellipticals include the CE6.0, the EX 77, and the popular E-series, which features the E901 and E1201 models.
Brand features of Horizon Ellipticals
- Upper body exercise – Like the vast majority of elliptical trainers, Horizon models are designed to provide upper body and lower body workouts simultaneously. Horizon’s attention to ergonomics shows up in their comfortable handles too.
- Tilts your world – The Horizon EX 77 and E1201 include power inclines. Incline training exercises a wider variety of muscle groups than does standard training, and it burns calories more quickly.
- Provides entertainment – All of the Horizon ellipticals featured on our site include iPod docks and speaker systems.
- Has comfortable pedals – Horizon’s cushioned, articulating (rotating) footpads help make their ellipticals easy on the body.
- Various strides available –Horizon gets it right with a range of healthy strides. The E901 and E1201 have 19” strides, and the EX 77 and CE6.0 have variable strides to accommodate people from 5’ to 6’ tall or more.
- Has good resistance – Horizon elliptical trainers have 16-20 resistance levels each.
- Low step-up – The exercise surface of Horizon ellipticals is relatively close to the ground.
- Good warranties – Horizon has better warranties than other budget and mid-level equipment dealers. One of their best warranties accompanies the E1201 elliptical: it includes lifetime coverage on the frame and brakes and four years on most other parts.
Overall Rating for Horizon Ellipticals
Horizon Fitness has built a solid reputation for offering good-quality machines at value prices. They pay attention to both ergonomics and entertainment, providing healthy strides, cushioned pedals, and comfortable handles alongside iPod docks. The power inclines on the E1201 and EX77 make these especially attractive ellipticals for the price.