The EX79 is a top-level trainer in the budget elliptical category. Highlights of this front drive machine include exclusive SixStar Certification for ergonomics, a power incline, and a 20” stride. This unit sells online for about $999.
Elliptical Hits: What You Get with the Horizon EX79 Cross Trainer
- Healthy stride – The machine’s 20” stride lets even tall users exercise with a full range of motion.
- Power incline – The pedals’ incline can be automatically adjusted to emphasize different muscle groups.
- Upper body exercise – The handlebars move to help provide a full-body workout.
- Adequate programming – Eleven programs and an Advanced Goal Center help exercisers reach new heights of fitness. Sixteen resistance levels from a 17-pound flywheel offer an adequate challenge for a beginning or mid-level trainer.
- Heart rate monitor – Pulse is monitored via contact grips in the handlebars.
- Audio system – Integrated speakers accept input from the user’s MP3 player. The console also has a headphone outlet.
- Good warranty – The Horizon EX-79 is sold with a lifetime warranty on the frame and brake plus a year of coverage for other parts and labor, which isn’t bad for a budget model. It has a 300-pound user weight capacity.
Overall Rating for the Horizon EX79 Elliptical
The EX79 is a great option for people seeking a relatively good yet inexpensive cross-trainer. It has a long stride and it promotes highly efficient workouts with its power incline. Furthermore, extras such as a fan, a bottle holder, an audio system, and a heart rate monitor usually aren’t included on low-priced trainers. This machine isn’t ideal for high-use households because of its short warranty, but it’s just right for a number of customers.