Horizon EX69 Elliptical
The EX69 is a mid-level trainer from Horizon Fitness; it falls between the EX59 and the EX79. Highlights of this front drive machine include exclusive SixStar Certification for ergonomics, 11 built-in programs, and a 20” stride. Additionally, it has a slightly heavier flywheel than does the EX59. This unit sells online for just $799.
Elliptical Hits: What You Get with the Horizon EX69 Cross Trainer
- Healthy stride – The machine’s 20” stride lets even tall users exercise with a full range of motion.
- Upper body exercise – The handlebars move to help provide a full-body workout.
- Adequate programming – Eleven programs and an Advanced Goal Center help exercisers reach new heights of fitness. Sixteen resistance levels from a 17-pound flywheel offer an adequate challenge for a beginning or mid-level trainer.
- Heart rate monitor – Pulse is monitored via contact grips in the handlebars.
- Audio system – Integrated speakers accept input from the user’s MP3 player. The console also has a headphone outlet.
- Good warranty – The Horizon EX69 is sold with a lifetime warranty on the frame and brake plus a year of coverage for other parts and labor, which isn’t bad for a budget model. It has a 300-pound user weight capacity.
Overall Rating for the Horizon EX69 Elliptical
This is a fine option for people seeking a relatively good yet inexpensive cross-trainer. It has a long stride and extras such as a fan, a bottle holder, an audio system, and a heart rate monitor. The next step up, the EX79, is essentially the same unit plus a power incline.