The Horizon EX58 is an entry-level elliptical in Horizon’s EX57 – EX79 series. Key features are its SixStar certification for smooth motion and an MP3 sound system.
Elliptical Hits: What You Get with the Horizon EX58 Cross Trainer
- Healthy stride – The machine’s 18” stride combined with virtually no space between pedals promotes a healthy, low-impact elliptical motion.
- Ergonomic upper body exercise – The machine’s handlebars are placed to suit users of different heights.
- MP3 sound system – Integrated speakers have Surround Sound and a headphone outlet.
- Fair warranty – The Horizon EX58 is sold with a lifetime warranty on the frame, a 20-year warranty on the brake, and a year of coverage for other parts and labor. This is a pretty good warranty for a low-priced cross trainer.
Elliptical Misses: Why to Bypass the EX58
- Inadequate programming — This machine includes only 10 resistance levels and 10 workout programs. Twenty resistance levels are standard for the industry, and most ellipticals include more workout variety.
Overall Rating for the Horizon EX58 Elliptical
This is a low-priced cross trainer that will ultimately not be challenging enough for more users. However, it does offer good ergonomics at a low price. For examples of Horizon machines with better features, see the EX-67 and EX-78.