Horizon EX 77 Elliptical
The EX 77 is a decent-quality, affordable elliptical by Horizon Fitness, Inc. It includes important essentials of comfort, such as pivoting footpads and an 18”-19” variable stride. This machine is also popular for its power incline and MP3 player.
Elliptical Hits: What You Get with the Horizon EX 77 Elliptical
- Resistance – With 16 resistance levels, the EX 77 can challenge a wide range of users. For 20 levels of resistance, try Horizon’s very similar E1201 model instead.
- Variable stride –The 18”-19” variable stride lets most exercisers use a full range of motion.
- Lower pedal height – Compared with other elliptical trainers, the Horizon EX 77 machine lets users exercise closer to the ground.
- Pivoting footpads – Pivoting, cushioned, non-slip footpads help make exercising comfortable.
- Upper body exercise – The machine’s contoured, adjustable handlebars let people exercise their arms and legs simultaneously.
- Power incline – A power incline of 16 degrees adds extra challenges to the built-in workouts, testing different muscle groups and burning additional calories.
- Entertainment – To help pass the time, the EX 77 elliptical features an MP3 input jack, a headphone output jack, an iPod dock, and speakers.
- Warranty – The Horizon EX 77 is sold with a lifetime warranty on the frame and brakes, one year on other parts, and one year of labor.
- User capacity – The 275-pound capacity can accommodate most users.
Overall Rating for the Horizon EX 77
Customers and trainers generally recommend the Horizon EX 77 elliptical. Although it’s not gym quality, it can provide comfortable, challenging workouts for several years. Along with the very similar E1201, this model is well-respected in its price category. Its main draws are its adjustable stride, power incline, pivoting pedals, and built-in sound system.