Horizon AT1501 Elliptical
The AT1501 is a higher-end elliptical from Horizon Fitness. It’s engineered specifically to provide low-impact incline training; the “AT” stands for Ascent Trainer. In addition to the ergonomic incline training, other highlights include pivoting pedals and an MP3 sound system.
Elliptical Hits: What You Get with the Horizon AT1501 Cross Trainer
- Adjustable stride length – The machine’s stride length adjusts automatically with the incline. The stride is initially a full 20” and becomes shorter as the incline steepens.
- Reversible stride – The same elliptical motion can be used in two directions to target different muscle groups.
- Articulating footplates — The footplates pivot with the user’s natural body movement to reduce fatigue.
- Upper body exercise – The machine’s handlebars move to help provide a full-body workout.
- Stability – At 200 pounds, this elliptical can support a 300-pound exerciser without wobbling.
- MP3 sound system – Integrated speakers accept input from the user’s MP3 player.
Elliptical Hits: How the AT1501 Could Climb Higher
- Short warranty – The Horizon AT1501 is sold with a lifetime warranty on the frame and brake, but only a year of coverage for other parts and labor. A longer warranty should be standard considering this machine’s MSRP. Customers can purchase extended service plans.
Overall Rating for the Horizon AT1501 Elliptical
The Ascent Trainer 1501 can provide great workouts for a year or two. After that, customer complaints of broken parts and electronics become frequent. This machine would be a great deal if were more durable and had a better warranty. It could still be worth buying on sale and with an extended service plan.