HealthRider Club Series H140e Elliptical
HealthRider’s H140e is a mid-priced elliptical trainer. This environmentally friendly “person-powered” machine helps users save on electricity bills: it uses energy from the workout to power the console. The machine’s main features are its environmental soundness, 15 personal training programs, and 20” stride.
Elliptical Hits: What You Get
The HealthRider H140e elliptical scores well on the basics listed below.
- Workout programs – The H140e includes 15 personal trainer workouts that focus on aerobic, performance, and weight loss goals. Personal training workouts use heart rate data to automatically adjust resistance as needed.
- Heart rate monitor –A pulse monitor is conveniently built into the elliptical’s hand grips.
- Upper body exercise – The H140e’s upper body grips help users get a better cardio workout and add muscle tone to their arms.
- 20” stride –The 20” stride is ideal for adults of average height, and it’s made especially smooth with the H140e’s unique glide track.
- User capacity – The elliptical’s 350-pound capacity can accommodate most users.
- Fan — A built-in fan helps keep users cool, letting them exercise for a longer time.
- Warranty – The 1-year warranty isn’t outstanding, but it’s better than the warranties on some other HealthRider models. Extended warranties are available.
Overall Rating for the HealthRider H140e Elliptical
This machine is a good value when it’s bought on sale. Customers rave that it has “club quality.” It provides a full stride, a variety of programs, and a very smooth ride. Its environmentally-friendly design is appealing too. Still, the machine doesn’t offer many interesting extras, so its MSRP seems high. If the HealthRider H140e interests you, then also check the NordicTrack Elite 1300 elliptical, which is a similar model that might be on sale.
If 18” fits your range of motion, the HealthRider H90e might be a better investment than the 140e. The H140e has a longer stride than the H90e but lacks its iFit technology and power incline.