HealthRider C550e Elliptical
HealthRider’s C550e is a budget-priced elliptical trainer. In terms of quality and design, it’s very similar to budget machines by NordicTrack, ProForm, Reebok, and Weslo. If your goal is to save on entry-level equipment, then compare these brands to get an elliptical with the best combination of features, price, and warranty.
Elliptical Hits: What You Get with the HealthRider C550e Elliptical
- Upper body exercise – The elliptical’s upper body grips help users get a better cardio workout and add muscle tone to their arms.
- Heart rate monitor –A grip pulse sensor on the C550e causes a red light to turn on when it’s time to pick up the pace.
- Fan — A built-in fan helps keep users cool, letting them exercise for a longer time.
Elliptical Oversights: What you Miss
- Workout programs – The C550e includes just 10 workout programs. Five are for weight loss and five are personal trainer programs that work in tandem with the heart rate monitor.
- A long stride – The C550e elliptical’s 16” stride is too short for most adult exercisers, preventing them from using a full range of motion.
- A good warranty – Buyers get 7 years of coverage on the elliptical’s frame, but the other parts are covered for just 90 days. The short warranty suggests that the HealthRider C550e is made of substandard parts.
- A rear flywheel – Ideally, an elliptical trainer’s flywheel is located toward the back of the machine. The C550e has its flywheel in front, which makes the machine work harder and prevents the user from making a true elliptical motion with the pedals.
Overall Rating for the HealthRider C550e Elliptical
The C550e is a beginner’s elliptical and is best for smaller people. It has a short stride, and with just a 275-pound capacity, it would only feel sturdy to lightweight users. This budget elliptical may be worth purchasing on sale, but expect to replace it within a few years.