HealthRider C515e Elliptical
HealthRider’s C515e is an entry-level, budget-priced elliptical trainer. In terms of quality and design, it’s very similar to other budget machines by parent company ICON, such as NordicTrack, ProForm, and Weslo. If your goal is to save on entry-level fitness equipment, then compare these brands to get an elliptical with the best combination of features, price, and warranty.
Elliptical Hits: What You Get with the HealthRider C515e Elliptical
- Upper body exercise – The elliptical’s upper body grips help users get a better cardio workout and add muscle tone to their arms.
- Heart rate monitor –Hand pulse monitors help people to exercise within target heart rate ranges.
- Fan — A built-in fan helps keep users cool, encouraging them to exercise for a longer time.
- A long stride – The C515e elliptical’s 18” stride is suitable for many short to average height adults.
Elliptical Oversights: What you Miss
- Workout programs – The C515e includes only 8 workout programs.
- A good warranty – This elliptical is covered for just 90 days unless the customer buys an extended warranty. Other fitness brands offer standard warranties of a year or more.
- Silence – The HealthRider C515e is a rather noisy machine. If you plan to watch TV while working out, expect to crank up the volume.
Overall Rating for the HealthRider C515e Elliptical
The C515e is definitely a beginner’s elliptical. Rather than invest in this lower-quality machine, spend a bit more on another HealthRider elliptical such as the H140e, or check out other brands. Some brands with better reviews include NordicTrack, Smooth, and Sole.