HealthRider 330 Elliptical
HealthRider’s 330 elliptical is a beginner’s trainer. It’s typically purchased by people who are just starting to work out and aren’t ready for a big investment. The machine’s main features are its low price, 18” stride, and adjustable handlebars.
Elliptical Hits: What You Get
- Heart rate monitor –A grip pulse sensor helps users stay within a target heart rate range.
- Upper body exercise – The 330’s upper body grips help users get a better cardio workout and add muscle tone to their arms.
- 18” stride –The 18” stride on the HealthRider 330 is ideal for many short to average height adults. However, some people find the elliptical motion to be awkward on this machine.
- Fan — A built-in fan helps keep users cool, letting them exercise for a longer time.
- Warranty – The 1-year warranty isn’t outstanding, but it’s better than the warranties on some other HealthRider models. Extended warranties are available.
Elliptical Oversights: What’s Missing
- Workout programs – The 330 includes 6 preset workout programs, which isn’t much variety. There are just 12 levels of resistance.
- A smooth ride – Consumers report that the HealthRider 330 is a noisy piece of machinery. They also complain that its elliptical motion isn’t quite right.
Overall Rating for the HealthRider 330 Elliptical
The HealthRider 330 is an entry model elliptical that’s hardly worth its price. It has few programs or resistance levels, and users complain about fundamentals such as an uncomfortable stride. The combination of discomfort and noisiness make it likely that the 330 will sit unused in a corner for long stretches of time. People usually need to spend a bit more to get a good value. Check the Smooth, Eclipse, and Schwinn brands for better discount ellipticals.