FreeMotion Fitness S7.8 Strider
The FreeMotion S7.8 Strider is one of the better residential ellipticals from Icon Fitness. It features an exceptionally fluid 44” stride and is available with an optional TV console. The basic unit has a list price of $5499 but sells online for as low as $4799.
Elliptical Hits: Great Features of the FreeMotion S7.8 Strider
- Excellent stride – Look to FreeMotion’s 7.8 Strider for one of the longest strides on the market. With each step, the user can set a short stride to target calves, a medium stride for the quads, or a long stride to work hamstrings and tone the glutes.
- Upper body exercise – Movable handlebars help users define the arms, shoulders, back, and torso.
- Varied programming – On the 7.8 Strider, sixteen built-in programs are complemented with iFit workouts to provide highly effective personalized training. iFit workout cards (sold separately) each include eight weeks of personal training to target goals such as weight loss and endurance.
- Good resistance – Twenty resistance levels provide challenging workouts.
- Heart rate monitor – This FreeMotion Strider has contact sensors on the handlebars and gives a constant pulse readout.
- Entertainment – Integrated speakers let users listen to a virtual personal trainer or music from an MP3 player. A TV console is optional.
- Good warranties – Residential owners of the FreeMotion Strider 7.8 get a generous warranty package: a lifetime frame warranty, a 10-year parts warranty, and a 2-year labor warranty. A 3-year commercial warranty is also available.
Overall Rating for FreeMotion S7.8 Striders
The FreeMotion S7.8 Strider is a top-notch body sculptor for home or commercial use. Its unusually long and adaptable stride makes it stand out from the competition. The main drawback to this unit is its high price. A few other long-stride ellipticals include the NordicTrack FreeStrider and the Nautilus E916.