FreeMotion e7.7 Light Commercial Elliptical
The commercial-quality FreeMotion e7.7 elliptical trainer is among the best values in its price class. While we rarely assign a five-star rating, this model is an exception. A top selling point is the 15” to 35” adjustable stride, a feature that helps make this machine fit almost anyone. Customers also get excellent ergonomics, an attractive display screen, a nice selection of programs and an industry-leading sound system for their MP3s.
Top Features of the e7.7 Elliptical Trainer
- Adjustable stride: The perfect stride is key to an excellent elliptical workout. This unit’s 15” to 35” adjustable stride makes it appropriate for users of virtually any height, excluding the littlest among us. It also lets just about anyone exercise all the muscle groups in the legs. For example, a shorter stride can work the quads while a longer stride tones calf muscles. As with all good ellipticals, there’s virtually no harmful impact on the user’s joints, making elliptical use much healthier than running on pavement.
- Built-in programs: Meet any exercise goal with a selection of preset workouts: all-terrain, foothills, peaks, interval, random, cardio and pulse. Manual and quick-start modes are also included.
- High-resolution color LCD display: The attractive console has multiple windows to show stride per minute, resistance, and readouts including calories burned, calories burned per hour, time, heart rate, distance, watts and METs. (METs show how much oxygen is being used during exercise.) Additionally, the QuickTouch button lets you quickly select from pre-set workout programs.
- Good Resistance: The FreeMotion’s 20 resistance levels are well-spaced to challenge virtually any trainee. Whether you’re frail or in excellent physical condition, you can tailor programs to your needs.
More selling points of the FreeMotion e7.7 elliptical:
- Low-Maintenance Electromagnetic Resistance System
- An iFit® Workout Card with 8 Weeks of Personal Training
- Upper Body Workout Handles
- Heart Rate Monitoring (Wireless and Grip)
- MP3 Music Port & Speakers
- A 3-Speed Fan
- 350-Pound Weight Capacity
- Self-Generating Power Supply
- Competitive Warranty: Lifetime Frame, Three Years Parts, Two Years Labor
Any Drawbacks to the e7.7 Elliptical?
This unit might require too much space for your home gym. Its footprint measures 83” x 30”.
Our Overall Review
The FreeMotion e7.7 definitely rates a “best buy.” Despite the occasional $3,999 sticker price, you can find this light commercial elliptical trainer for closer to $2,500. You can be assured of making a smart purchase! The stride is outstanding, the sound system keeps people engaged in exercise, and this machine won’t contribute to electricity bills. Furthermore, the outstanding 2-year in-home service warranty is an indication of ICON’s confidence in this product. After all, sending workers out on service calls isn’t cheap.
We normally recommend comparing a number of models, but if this elliptical appears to meet your needs, go for it! The FreeMotion e7.7 gets overwhelmingly positive reviews from physical trainers, professional elliptical reviewers like us and the everyday customer.