Fitnex E55SG (Self Generating) Elliptical
The E55SG is a high-quality yet affordable trainer with a 20” stride, an incline, and a self-generating power source. Its MSRP is $1399 but this model can be found online for less than $1050. It’s identical to the E55, which costs a bit more, except for its self-generating power.
Elliptical Hits of the E55SG
- Long stride – The 20” stride is ideal for helping taller trainees develop long, lean muscles.
- Forward and reverse motion – The bidirectionality lets people train different muscle groups. For example, moving in a reverse elliptical machine can especially target the hamstrings.
- Incline – The 7% incline lets people burn calories even more efficiently and recruit different muscle groups.
- Energy efficient – This powerful equipment won’t add to electricity bills. It runs on user energy.
- Adequate program variety – The eight built-in workouts include Manual, Hills, Random, Interval, Heart-rate control, CV workout, Fat Burn, and Weight Loss. (Other models by this brand have up to 15 preset programs.) Users get feedback about time, distance, RPM, heart rate, work level, watt, speed, and calories burned.
- Great warranty – Fitnex cross trainers are sold with lifetime warranties on parts. Labor is free for the first year after purchase.
- Extras – A reading rack, bottle holder, and other conveniences help make this unit a pleasure to use.
Elliptical Misses: Drawbacks of the E55SG
People with sensitive knees might dislike the 10.5” step-on height. Also, the pedals are too widely space for shorter users. This means that their hips can’t be optimally placed during a workout.
Overall Rating for Fitnex E55SG Ellipticals
Fitnex ellipticals are built of high-quality components and are designed to endure. Although the brand isn’t well known, Fitnex offers some of the best elliptical values for taller customers and is bound to grow in popularity as word gets out.