EVO REV-600 Elliptical
The REV-600 is a top option in Smooth’s series of EVO elliptical cross trainers. Compared with the cheaper options, the REV-600 has a longer stride and better durability. In fact, it’s available with a short light commercial warranty. This cross trainer isn’t big on entertainment or fancy features, but it can support strenuous low-impact workouts.
Elliptical Hits: Nice Features of EVO REV-600 Elliptical Trainers
- Long stride – An earlier version of the REV-600 has a 19” stride, but the machine is now made with a 21” stride instead. This makes it suitable even for tall users – and with a 350-pound user weight capacity, this machine can stand up to their heavy workouts.
- Comfortable pedals – Ergonomic pedals have orthopedic cushioning and rotate with the user’s natural body movement.
- Heart rate monitors – Wireless and hand grip heart rate monitors help users conveniently optimize the cardiovascular benefit of workouts.
- Full body exercise – Moving handlebars help users exercise the whole body.
- Sturdy frame – The double-framed steel body contributes to this machine’s 215 pounds.
- Built-in programs – Workouts include strength training, interval training, weight loss, heart rate control, and more. This machine has 16 resistance levels to challenge a wide variety of users.
- Good warranty – Residential buyers get lifetime warranties on the frame and brake, three years on parts, and a year of labor. The commercial warranty includes just two years on parts and a year of labor.
Elliptical Miss: A Drawback of the EVO REV-600
- Large size – With a footprint of 85”x33”, the REV-600 is designed more for light commercial use than for home gyms.
Overall Rating for the EVO-REV 600 Elliptical Trainer
Smooth’s EVO REV-600 is an appealing machine for light commercial use or for a serious home trainer. It’s designed to withstand up to four hours of daily use and it can accommodate large users. Most customers are pleased with this purchase. However, Smooth’s CE 7.4 is very similar and is sometimes sold at a lower price.