Epic Fitness EL2790 Elliptical
The Epic EL2790 is a decent low-priced cross trainer. Featuring an incline and a sound system, it helps people tone different muscle groups while
putting minimal stress on their joints. This elliptical has an 18” stride, 24 built-in workouts, and a port for MP3 players. It typically sells for just $700-$850 online.
Elliptical Hits: Best Features of the Epic EL2790 Cross Trainer
- 18” stride – The Epic’s stride length is ideal to help shorter adults develop long, lean leg muscles.
- Upper body exercise – Movable handlebars help provide a full-body workout.
- Incline – The incline can be adjusted with the touch of a button on the console. Incline training helps train glutes, quads, and calves.
- Program variety – The Epic EL2790 includes 18 performance workouts and 6 weight loss workouts.
- Heart rate monitor – The EL2790 has grip heart rate sensors on the handlebars.
- Music port – An iPod-compatible music port and accessory shelf make it easy to listen to music while exercising.
- High capacity – This machine can accommodate up to 325 pounds. It weighs 202 pounds.
Elliptical Miss: Why to Think Twice about the EL2790
- Poor warranty – Like other Epic ellipticals, the EL2790 cross trainer has a short warranty with just one year of parts and labor. It has a lifetime frame warranty.
Overall Rating for the Epic EL2790 Elliptical Trainer
The Epic isn’t a bad contender for a beginning or mid-level exerciser’s home training machine. It boasts 24 personal training programs, an incline, and a sound system to provide enjoyable and effective workouts. Still, it has a short parts warranty and therefore might end up being costly for someone who uses it heavily. Elliptical trainers