Epic Fitness E950 Elliptical
The Epic E950 is a discount trainer made for the short run, not the long haul; plastic parts and a short warranty scream of trouble down the line. Still, it’s a sturdy machine that’s marked with a 300-pound user weight capacity. This elliptical has an 18” stride, an incline, and 12 personal training programs.
Elliptical Hits: Best Features of the Epic E950 Cross Trainer
- Good program variety – The Epic E950 includes just 12 workout programs, but eight are personal training programs that help users optimize each exercise session. The others are heart rate workouts and custom workouts.
- Heart rate monitor – The E950 has a grip heart rate monitor to help users get the ultimate cardiovascular benefit of workouts.
- Incline – This Epic elliptical has a 10%-30% electronic incline to dramatically increase the efficiency of time spent training.
- Upper body exercise – Movable handlebars help provide a full-body workout.
Elliptical Miss: Why to Skip the E950
- Poor warranty – Like other Epic ellipticals, E950s have short warranties — just one year of parts and labor.
Overall Rating for the Epic E950 Elliptical Trainer
Epic E950 ellipticals have some attractive features – especially a 10%-30% incline and plenty of personal training programs. Another option is the Epic EL2980. It includes 20 personal training programs in addition to heart rate programs and an iPod port. Still, these machines have short parts warranties. If you’re not willing to take a gamble, check out other low-cost ellipticals by NordicTrack and Schwinn.