Diamondback 900Er Elliptical Trainer
The Diamondback 900Er is a remarkable upgrade to the basic 500Er. It’s space efficient like the simpler unit, but it has a longer stride (21”), a heavier flywheel, adjustable pedal width, and other enhancements that make it a favored cross trainer.
Elliptical Hits: Great Features of the Diamondback 900Er Elliptical Trainer
- Long stride – The Diamondback 900Er has a 21” stride that supports a good range of motion for most adults.
- Adjustable pedal spacing – The pedal width can be adjusted from 1.7”-3.2” to promote ideal hip alignment during exercise.
- Articulating pedals – The pedals rotate with the natural movement of the user’s body. This helps promote endurance by reducing fatigue.
- Compact size – The 900Er’s footprint measures approximately 6’x2’, which is relatively small for an elliptical, yet it weighs 187 pounds and has a 325-pound user weight capacity.
- Heart rate monitor – A grip pulse cardio monitor is standard, plus the machine is compatible with wireless telemetry.
- Good program variety – These ellipticals include heart rate workouts, hill workouts, and other preset programs. They also include a personal trainer function to help make the most of workout options. Because there are random and user-set programs, Diamondbacks are advertised as having “unlimited” programs.
- Upper body exercise – Movable handlebars give users the option of exercising their arms and legs at the same time.
- OK warranty – Diamondback sells the 900Er elliptical with a lifetime warranty on the frame, three years on parts and electronics, and year of labor. There is just a 90-day warranty on wear parts.
Overall Rating for Diamondback 900Er Elliptical Trainers
Diamondback’s 900Er is an impressive cross trainer. Although its “wear parts” warranty is irritating, the machine provides a very
smooth stride and enough program variety to keep exercise interesting.