Diamondback 500Er Elliptical Trainer
The Diamondback 500Er is a space-efficient rear drive machine. It has a 19” stride and is best for shorter to average-height exercisers who don’t require a high user weight capacity. Special features on this basic but durable machine include a workout fan, an MP3 player, and an accessory tray.
Elliptical Hits: Great Features of the Diamondback 500Er Elliptical Trainer
- Long stride – The Diamondback 500Er has a 19” stride that supports a good range of motion for shorter and average-height users. Pedals are narrowly spaced, which is also an ergonomic advantage for shorter users and women in particular.
- Compact size – The 500Er’s footprint measures approximately 6’x2’.
- Heart rate monitor – A grip pulse cardio monitor is standard.
- Good program variety – These ellipticals include heart rate workouts, hill workouts, and other preset programs. They also include a personal trainer function to help make the most of workout options. Because there are random and user-set programs, the machines are advertised as having “unlimited” programs.
- Upper body exercise – Movable handlebars give users the option of exercising their arms and legs at the same time.
- OK warranty – Diamondback sells the 500Er with a lifetime warranty on the frame, three years on parts and electronics, and year of labor. There is just a 90-day warranty on wear parts.
Elliptical Misses: The 500Er’s Room for Improvement
- Lighter flywheel — Although this machine is relatively durable, its 14-pound flywheel won’t provide a smooth motion for heavier users.
Overall Rating for Diamondback
500Er Elliptical Trainers
Diamondback’s 500Er is impressive for a cheaper fitness machine. It features a durable steel frame, varied programming, and a relatively long stride. This unit is recommended to customers wanting to save money, but the 900Er and 1260Ef are much more appealing options.
The Schwinn brand might also offer good deals in the 500Er’s price category.