Cybex Arc Trainer 600A
When they debuted in 2004, the powerful Cybex Arc Trainers were too pricy for most shoppers. Today though, reconditioned Arc Trainers can be had for thousands less. Most customers consider these products to be worth the approximately $2500 to $3000 expense. After all, whichever Cybex model is chosen, it provides better results in less time when compared with regular elliptical trainers. Trainees also report feeling less exhausted despite burning more calories.
The Cybex 600A, which is available reconditioned, features a long and adjustable stride. It can be used as a glider, an elliptical or a stairclimber and has movable upper-body arms to double your workout.
Selling Points of the Cybex 600A Arc Trainer
- Long & Variable Stride: The Arc Trainer 600A supports strides up to 24” long. Choose from long strides that stretch the legs, medium strides that are most like those on a traditional elliptical, or short strides that simulate the feel of stairclimbing. The maximum incline is 40 degrees.
- Clear LED with Useful Feedback: The main LED on the Cybex Arc Trainer 600A shows a simple dot matrix graphic of your workout program and a 1″ readout of calories, distance, heart rate, METs (oxygen use) and strides per minutes. A lower LED shows resistance level, incline and time.
- Preset Programs: Built-in workout programs include Cardio, Hill, Interval and Strength. Each can be used on a flat grade or with ten different inclines. The programs can be adjusted mid-workout as desired. Quick Start and Manual modes are also available.
Other top features of the 600A include:
- Movable handlebars with heart rate sensors
- Compatible with Polar wireless heart rate monitoring
- 300-pound capacity
- Sturdy 331-pound base
Any Drawbacks of the Arc Trainer?
Given the adjustability of this machine, it fits most trainees comfortably. People who are shorter than 5’3” might not like the feel. It’s a good idea to try a Cybex Arc Trainer at a gym or store before finding a cheap one online.
Our Overall Review of the Cybex 600A
Powerful and well-engineered, the Cybex Arc Trainer 600A recommended for beginners and pro athletes alike. It provides efficient and effective workouts that are easy on joints. Cybex’s “Same Side Forward” technology helps to coordinate full-body workouts. The innovative design earned the company “Product of the Year” awards in 2004 and 2005. By choosing a reconditioned machine, you can be assured of the same award-winning quality; refurbished Arc Trainers are recalibrated, receive new parts, and get cosmetic coatings as needed.
New Cybex Arc Trainers
You can buy a new Cybex Arc Trainer if you’ve got a bundle of cash or are open to monthly financing. The newest Arc Trainers (e.g., the 770AT) have 15” entertainment screens and 21 incline levels. These take up less floor space compared with the originals and have 5-year parts warranties. Reconditioned units, in contrast, are typically only protected for 30 days.