Cybex 425A Light Commercial Arc Trainer
The 425A Arc Trainer is a well-liked light commercial trainer. It provides incredibly low-impact workouts and supports faster calorie-burning than traditional elliptical trainers do. Users also like the machine’s smooth resistance and wide range of motion.
This machine is ideal for corporate fitness
rooms, hotels, and private homes; it has a smaller footprint than the commercial Cybex 750 models. Ten quick-start exercise programs are included.
Elliptical Hits: Nice Features of the Cybex 425A Arc Trainer
- Low impact exercise –Arc Trainers put even less stress on the knees than typical ellipticals do. The result is highly efficient calorie burning with minimal joint stress.
- Durable equipment – The 425A has a 300-pound user weight capacity and is made of top-notch parts.
- Long stride – The long 23” strides on Arc Trainers let exercisers use a healthy range of motion. The stride shortens as the 11-position incline is adjusted.
- Incline – Eleven incline settings let the Arc Trainer support different types of movement, from long glides to short steps.
- Upper body exercise – This machine provides a full-body workout. However, it supports a different motion than do regular elliptical machines. For example, people using the Cybex Arc Trainers move the right arm and right leg at the same time instead of alternating.
- Good warranty – Cybex includes generous residential and commercial warranties.
Overall Rating for the Cybex 425A Arc Trainer
The light commercial 425A provides fantastic workouts. Its motion isn’t exactly elliptical, but it is low-impact and burns calories efficiently. This cross trainer is a recommended addition to a home, office, or other environment that’s less demanding than a commercial gym.
For a more traditional upper-end elliptical with great features, see the Smooth Agile DMT X2. For a commercial Cybex Arc Trainer, see the 750A and 750AT.